INVITATION

Ok guys… This primbon we start with Invitation. Have you got an invitation? Do you know what is invitation? Invitation is a request (spoken or written) to participate or be present or take part in something. I know that you must ever got some invitation. Maybe from your friends, from your family, etc.

Example :
Karina : “Miley and I will go to the beach this weekend. Would you like to join us?”
Mary : “I’d love to, but I can’t. Sorry.”
Karina : “I see. What about having lunch with us after school?”
Mary : “Sure. Thanks.”
Would you like to join us? And What about having lunch with us after school? are used to invite someone.
I’d love to, but I can’t. Sorry is used to decline an invitation.
Sure, thanks is used to accept an invitation. Here are some other expressions of inviting and the responses.


Inviting Accepting the invitation Declining the invitation
• Could you come to my house for dinner tonight, please?
• I’d love to. Thank you very much.
• I’d love to, but I can’t. I’m really sorry.
• Would you accompany me to the seminar?
• Certainly, I would.
• I’m afraid I can’t. I have something else to do.
• Shall we see the film?
• Great! Let’s do it.
• I’m sorry. I can’t.